We purchased a 2007 Cadillac CTS on Sept. 21, 2009,as a second owner. January 17,2011 we took the vehicle to trade it in. We were told the vehicle has major frame damage and is only worth a salvage price of 10K. And the car is not safe to drive. The vehicle had been in a major accident at some point in time and was never reported.The bumper at the supports had been cut off at the frame and welded back on. So in the event of a rear end collision there is nothing there to absorb the impact. Only inches from the gas tank,this is now a "life" threating issue. Lund Cadillac has been contacted numerous times & refuses to acknowledge their responsibility to correct this issue. They did however offer to take it in as a trade. To pass it on to another consumer! Buyers Beware!! This car was also a loaner never registered or licensed with AZ.

They also reported the sale of the car to us later than what the actual date of sale. Running a vehicle history report the rear differential & front hub was replaced 200 miles of us purchasing the car- which also was never disclosed.

The Attorney General's office, 3 on your side, and the BBB has been notified.

We are currently waiting for responses-

Becareful of what you buy, never judge the book by its cover- Lund Cadillac's reported "136" point inspections and show room quality used cars is all a line of pooh.

Had an Experience with Lund Cadillac?

Comments

I have a GM report showing that they (Lund Cadillac/ Legends) bought the vehicle back from their regular customer while it was at a repair shop in Yuma...then they applied to GM customer assistance against that vehicle...Hence customer satisfaction- I have word in the past for GM dealerships at almost every level in the dealership...

they clearly new about the issue.

This isn't the first time that Lund Cadillac has done this.Not only that they buy salvage vehicles from the Las Vegas Auto Auction...

Your carfax report may not have received the information at the time the previous owner traded in the vehicle.It sounds like the previous owners tried to trade in the car BEFORE the information was reported to Carfax.

The Dealer may NOT have known.

With the replacement parts 200 miles within your purchase, that's a very likely scenario.I see it all the time when people trade in their cars and there is a report on the CARFAX, they purchased the vehicle right after an accident and the information is always a little behind in reporting.

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #309354

Your not the first one.My sister had the same thing on a 2005 caddy.

Never told either. I bought cars from Lund for over 15 yrs. They were great.

But when the son took over it sure changed.Haven't bought from them since.

actually did- went to 2 other dealers and they found the same damage- we had the vehicle towed- and they too were able to find the damage without us pointing it out.

did you get a second opinion? the new car dealer could just be trying to undervalue your trade in.